Terms & Conditions
Prices & Payment
- Prices quoted are F.O.B Mount Vernon, WA, unless otherwise specified.
- All payments shall be in U.S. currency. We accept all major credit cards.
- Payment is required at time of order unless an account has been established in advance.
- For customers with established credit, our terms are net 30 days with a service charge of 1.25% per month starting the 31st day after the invoice date. Please request a credit application if you are interested.
- There is one shipment to Canada per week. The order time cut off for the weekly shipment may vary greatly depending on the time of year. *Please order well in advance to allow ample time for your order to be processed.
- Each week, usually on Thursdays (subject to change), the orders cross the border to Surrey, B.C. From there, seed will be sent via Canada Post or UPS.
- Canadian Duties and Taxes: The Canadian government charges 5% GST on seed packets less than 125 grams and on peas, beans and corn less than 5000 grams. Osborne Seed is not responsible for these charges and has no control over these fees. The customer is responsible for Canadian Customs charges which will be added to the invoice. Osborne Seed does our best to keep the customer cost as low as possible passing on any savings to the customer.
- No seed may be returned from Canada.
- Any item not listed in our catalog or website is considered a Special Order.
- Special ordered items must be ordered in full units and is not returnable.
- Documentation costs on special orders such as phytosanitary, germination or purity certificates may be extra.
- Geographical and Watermelon restrictions: View Here
- No seed may be returned after 30 days of delivery date.
- No opened containers or packages will be accepted.
- Returned seed is subject to a 10% restocking charge.
- Returned seed is subject to germination fee if condition is questionable.
- Special orders may not be returned.
- No seed may be returned from Canada.
Osborne Quality Seeds is a certified organic handler by the Washington State Department of Agriculture supplies untreated seed when organic seed is not available. If a specific variety is produced organically, but organic seed is not available (due to crop failure, shortages, not available soon enough for customer planting date) then we can supply an organic letter for these untreated items. We want to help in all ways that we can, so please ask if you need anything from us for your organic certifications. The responsibility does fall fully on the grower for following certified organic rules and guidelines and we recommend you ask your certifier if you have any uncertainties. Please note that growers must assume all risk connected with poor stand establishment and crop failure due to cold soil temperatures or pest pressure.
Osborne Quality Seeds does hereby attest that no item in its product line contains GMOs (AKA genetically manipulated or modified organisms, genetically engineered products, or biotech products) nor has it been manufactured using genetically engineered organisms. Hybrid seeds sold by Osborne Quality Seeds are developed through traditional plant breeding practices only. Osborne Quality Seeds does hereby further attest that it intends to never sell GMO products.
To obtain documents for your records please click here
Early ordering gives you preference on items in short supply.
To Place an Order
There are several ways to place your order:
Phone: 360-424-7333 or 800-845-9113
Spanish Phone: 360-445-7115
Mail: 2428 Old Hwy 99 South Road, Mount Vernon, WA 98273
We will need the following information:
Name: Farm name and/or your name
Address: Please supply us with a shipping address if it is different from your mailing address and if you have any issues with certain mail carriers.
Phone: In case there are questions.
E-mail: To send order confirmations and in case there are questions.
Kind, Variety: Example: Radish, Cherry Belle
Note: If you order less than the minimum, we will ship and bill you for the minimum.
Coated: If ordering the following, please say if you wish them coated (pelleted) or raw: Carrot, Lettuce, Onion, Parsnip
Date wanted: Please remember that during the busy season, orders will take longer to ship. The busy season is from January through May.
Indicate your preference:
- Certified Organic
- prefer untreated seed
- a letter stating we were unable to supply a variety untreated organically grown. The Washington State Department of Agriculture accepts these letters as written documentation of inability to purchase untreated organically grown seed from us.
Osborne Seed does not share or sell our mailing list for any purpose. Your information will only be used for fulfilling your order, billing and sending you our new catalog!
Osborne Quality Seeds warrants that the seed it sells conforms to the label description as required by state and federal seed laws. It makes no other warranties, express or implied, of merchantability, fitness for purpose, or otherwise; and in any event its liability for breach of any warranty or contract with respect to such seed is limited to the purchase price of such seed. Osborne Quality Seeds further limits to such purchase price its liability of any kind on account of any negligence whatsoever on its part with respect to such seed. As with any seed purchase, failure of the seed to germinate and/or yield and quality reduction may occur as a result of environmental factors specific to growing this seed. These may include (without limitation): cold temperatures, heat, excess moisture, drought, wind, hail, pests, inadequate fertility, misapplication of pesticides, planting date, planting location, soil type, irrigation practices, as well as insect, disease, and weed pressure; and other acts of nature.