Terms & Conditions
We ship to all 50 states, U.S. territories and all of Canada.
View our U.S. shipping policy here
Prices & Payment
- Prices quoted are F.O.B Mount Vernon, WA, unless otherwise specified.
- All payments shall be in U.S. currency. We accept all major credit cards.
- Payment is required at time of order unless an account has been established in advance.
- For customers with established credit, our terms are net 30 days with a service charge of 1.25% per month starting the 31st day after the invoice date. Please request a credit application if you are interested.
- Osborne Seed has a weekly schedule delivery to Surrey, BC. Seed can be delivered, sent via Canada Post, Greyhound, or UPS.
- *Please allow ample time for your order to be processed.
- Canadian Duties and Taxes: The Canadian government charges 5% GST on seed packets less than 125 grams and on peas, beans and corn less than 5000 grams. Osborne Seed is not responsible for these charges and has no control over these fees. The customer is responsible for Canadian Customs charges which will be added to the invoice. Osborne Seed does our best to keep the customer cost as low as possible passing on any savings to the customer.
- NO SEED CAN BE RETURNED FROM CANADA
- Any item not listed in our catalog or website is considered a Special Order.
- Special ordered items must be ordered in full units and is not returnable.
- Documentation costs on special orders such as phytosanitary, germination or purity certificates may be extra.
Melons & Watermelons
- Please note that restrictions may apply when shipping melon and watermelon seed to customers in the South Eastern portion of the US.
- No seed may be returned after 30 days of delivery date.
- No opened containers or packages will be accepted.
- Returned seed is subject to a 10% restocking charge.
- Returned seed is subject to germination fee if condition is questionable.
- Special orders may not be returned.
- NO SEED CAN BE RETURNED FROM CANADA
We will make every effort to supply you with your requirements of untreated or organically produced seed. We can supply an organic letter for any seed that is untreated and not available organic. It is important that you place your order early to assure full and timely delivery of your seed.
**PLEASE NOTE THAT TO THE BEST OF OUR KNOWLEDGE, NO SEED WE CARRY HAS BEEN GENETICALLY MODIFIED.**
Please note that untreated seed may have an increased chance of poor stand establishment and crop failure. Growers must assume all risk connected with lack of seed treatment.
To obtain documents for your records please click here
Early ordering gives you preference on items in short supply.
To Place an Order
There are several ways to place your order:
Phone: 360-424-7333 or 800-845-9113
Spanish Phone: 360-445-7115
Mail: 2428 Old Hwy 99 South Road, Mount Vernon, WA 98273
We will need the following information:
Name: Farm name and/or your name
Address: Please supply us with a shipping address if it is different from your mailing address and if you have any issues with certain mail carriers.
Phone: In case there are questions.
E-mail: To send order confirmations and in case there are questions.
Kind, Variety: Example: Radish, Cherry Belle
Note: If you order less than the minimum, we will ship and bill you for the minimum.
Coated: If ordering the following, please say if you wish them coated (pelleted) or raw: Carrot, Lettuce, Onion, Parsnip
Date wanted: Please remember that during the busy season, orders will take longer to ship. The busy season is from January through May.
Indicate your preference:
- Certified Organic
- prefer untreated seed
- a letter stating we were unable to supply a variety untreated organically grown. The Washington State Department of Agriculture accepts these letters as written documentation of inability to purchase untreated organically grown seed from us.
Osborne Seed does not share or sell our mailing list for any purpose. Your information will only be used for fulfilling your order, billing and sending you our new catalog!
Osborne Quality Seed warrants that seed it sells conform to the label description as required by state and federal seed laws. It makes no other warranties, express or implied, of merchantability, fitness for purpose, or otherwise, and in any event its liability for breach of any warranty or contract with respect to such seeds is limited to the purchase price of such seed.
Osborne Quality Seed further limits to such purchase price its liability of any kind on account of any negligence whatsoever on its part with respect to such seeds. As with any seed purchase, failure of the seed to germinate and/or yield, and quality reduction may occur as a result of environmental factors specific to growing this seed including, without limitation: cold temperatures, heat, excess moisture, drought, wind, hail, pests, inadequate fertility, misapplication of pesticides, planting date, planting location, soil type, irrigation practices and insect, disease and weed pressures and other acts of nature.
By the acceptance of the seed, the buyer acknowledges that the limitations and disclaimers herein described are conditions of sale and that they constitute the entire agreement between the parties regarding warranty or any other liability. In accordance with Osborne Quality Seed return policy, any item not listed in our catalog is considered a special order and is not returnable. We will not accept the return of any seeds without authorization in writing from the Mount Vernon office. No seed may be returned after 15 days of the delivery date. No opened containers will be accepted. Returned seed will be subject to a 10% restocking charge. Only after an officially recognized seed lab germination test has been conducted on the seed at customer cost, and said seed meets reasonable standards, will the credit be issued.
Requirements for arbitration: Washington State Seed Act, Chapter 15.49 RCW requires mandatory arbitration of disputes involving allegedly defective seed. See Chapter 16-301 WAC or call WSDA Seed Program (509) 225-2630.